Let’s be honest. Every contractor wants more leads. A constant influx of leads is essential to any contractor looking to develop a solid clientele. By extension, you want to make sure you’re reaching clients in need of specific home improvement services.
So the question is this — how do I get more leads?
You could run a “buy one roof, get one roof free” promotion, but that isn’t the most brilliant option, financially speaking. A more innovative option is optimizing your web content through Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
SEO for contractors is one of the most effective ways to stand out and show up more immediately over the competition in online home improvement search results. That means when a client searches for siding installation, kitchen remodeling, roofing, etc., you show up first.
Best of all, it doesn’t have to be a complicated process.
We’re here to help. This guide will teach you how to improve your web content and start using SEO right away.
Developing an SEO Strategy for Your Home Improvement Company
At FatCat, we focus our attention on developing excellent SEO strategies for our clients. It’s an integral part of any good online marketing strategy, but what is it, and how does it work?
There are multiple factors involved in Search Engine Optimization. Good SEO strategy relies on meeting and maintaining these factors. By doing so, your website shows up sooner in organic search results.
When you are starting your SEO strategy, you can start by asking these questions:
- Audience and industry
- Who is your audience?
- What is your industry?
- Who are your competitors?
- Keyword research
- What words attract the most clients?
- What words are most relevant to my industry?
- What words aren’t my competitors taking advantage of?
- User intent
- What is my client looking for?
- Does my website offer a good user experience?
- Analytics and reporting
- Am I keeping up with trends?
- Am I staying relevant over my competition?
- Is my content relevant?
- How does this benefit the client?
- How do I get others to promote my business?
- How can I get myself out there even more?
SEO for Contractors: Why It Matters
People are predictable. When we want something from Google, we run a search and interact with the first result that comes up. If you are a contractor looking to increase your home improvement sales, there is no doubt you want your content to be among the top results.
Getting the best home improvement leads relies on both paid and organic content strategies. Therefore, utilizing SEO is necessary to make sure you cover all grounds to stand above your competitors.
Google users tend to skip over paid ads (the top search results with “Ad” next to them) and go directly to the organic search results instead. When it comes to contractor marketing, you can not afford to be skipped over in search results.
Say you want to run a remodeling ad online for your business. The sooner your business shows up, the better. It would be wise to put your resources into both paid content strategy and SEO. This approach assures that you are maximizing your reach and are interacting with a targeted and organic audience.
Need More Leads? Let’s Talk!
If you want to increase the number of leads you generate as a home improvement contractor, you need an SEO strategy.
We are a full-service marketing firm and have been working with home improvement companies for years. We understand that you need a consistent flow of new leads as a contractor. Once one job ends, the next begins!
If you need help getting started or running an SEO campaign in addition to your workload is unfeasible, schedule a free consultation with us.
Other SEO for Home Improvement Topics
- 9 Tips to Help Your Home Improvement Website Generate More Leads
- Step-by-Step Guide to SEO for Home Improvement Contractors
- Why Your Location Pages Hurt Your Website’s SEO & What You Can do Instead
- What is a Google Business Profile and Why Do I Need It?
- Google Business Profile and Local SEO for Home Improvement
- 6 Ideas for Generating More Online Reviews
- Updating to Google Analytics 4 – FatCat Strategies